The firm was established in Bombay in the year 1929 by the late Mr. A.M Thariani, under the title Abdulhussain M. Thariani & Co. It soon succeeded in establishing itself as one of the leading architectural firms in Bombay, with its practice extending all over the sub-continent.
In 1947 alone, the firm was carrying out over 60 projects. With the birth of Pakistan, Mr. Abdulhussain M. Thariani came over to Karachi where he was initially associated with M/s. Haydari Construction Co., as its Managing Director.
Several projects were carried out under his aegis in those early years, and subsequently the firm of THARIANI & CO., was launched with the admission of his sons Mr. Saleem and Azad as partners.
In the year 1950, Mr. Saleem Thariani launched the firm in the then East Pakistan, returning back to Karachi, after the establishment of Bangladesh.
During this period of nine years of practice in Dhaka, the name Thariani became a byword for good architecture.
The Firm designed the head offices for the State Bank of Pakistan, National Bank of Pakistan, PIDC and the Adamjee group. The jewel in its professional crown was the Bait-ul-Mukarram Mosque, which is the National Mosque of Bangladesh.
The firm continued herein Karachi and after the demise of A.M Thariani soon inducted Mr. Gul Ahmed, initially as a senior Architect, who evenly grew up to be the current Managing Partner.
Submit your review